Hey girl! Let’s talk about one of my favorite things! SKINCARE.
I started really getting into taking care of my skin when I turned 29, and 30 was looming. Through some friends, I learned about a nurse practitioner that really had a passion for taking care of others skin, Jordan Harper. I spent HOURS reading her blog and stalking her instagram, learning all I could. You can take different quizzes to find out which products are best for you. I started with Vitamin C and sunscreen first and then slowly added to my regimen. I noticed a MAJOR change in my skin after using the products she recommended- even Brian complimented MY SKIN. Um yes. It really happened, unprompted. And I will forever and ever use medical grade skincare!!!
Now before we begin what I personally use, I feel like there needs to be a disclaimer that I’m not a skin professional and this is just what has worked for my skin. Also these are expensive! I had to really build up my regimen and I NEVER buy a lot of products at one time or Brian would for sure have a heart attack. BUT would much rather pay more on skincare than make up or anything else really. I want to take care of my skin and to look 30 when I’m 45. I mean goals, right?!
Here is my morning regimen. I have pretty dry skin. AGAIN, go on Jordan Harper’s website to figure out which products are best for you. She will be your skincare leader!
- Papaya Face Wash: super gentle cleanser (yep, I most definitely lost the lid)
- Sometimes if it’s really dry or I’m not working out, I just use Micellular water on a cotton swab.
- Vitamin C: THIS IS IMPORTANT. Vitamin C produces collagen, provides UV protection, improves skin texture, prevents and fades dark spots, and fights free radical damage. I use the obagi 20%. I started with 15% and worked my way up.
- Hyaluronic acid: Hydrating serum that takes moisture from the air into your skin (this is the splurge, but I also have found that this one from target works great too!
- Sunscreen– VERY IMPORTANT. There is really no point to doing any kind of skincare if you’re not going to wear sunscreen daily. YOUR MAKE UP DOES NOT COUNT AS SUNSCREEN. Read that again if you need to because I learned this. You need to be wearing sunscreen
- Micellar water: I double cleanse at night, especially if I have been wearing make up. You want your face clean for your products.
- Papaya Face Wash
- Barefaced Toning Pads: These are gold at preventing and treating acne! I only use them at night because they are pretty strong for my skin. Some people use them everyday and some people only use them a few days a week. You just have to figure out what’s best for your skin.
- Vitamin C– YES again at night
- Retnoid: This stuff is a game changer. It reduces signs of aging and improves texture and complexion. I saw a major difference after starting this!
- Supreme Cream by Beauty Counter: I love this stuff SO much. It’s like putting icing on your face. If you have dry skin, this will feel AMAZING!
And that’s all my friends!