Feeling overwhelmed, Mama? Been there.
I didn’t learn until I had my 4th was that I actually needed help. I’m not a superhero and it doesn’t make you any less of a mother to admit you can’t do it all. (here is an actual picture of my front porch the day that I started Homechef and a laundry service!)
Not what people think we need or saying “yes” to help that makes your life more difficult. Actual practical things that would make my life easier. Take something off my plate SO THAT I can focus on the things I want.
If you’re lucky enough to have family live nearby, ASK THEM. More often than not, they are wanting to do something for you- you just have to let them.
I’ve made a list of ways I have outsourced in motherhood. Obviously, you probably aren’t able to do all these things at one time. Budgeting is a real part of life, BUT so is your sanity! Taking care of yourself and keeping a pulse on your mental health are VERY important, not only for you but everyone else in your family. Make getting help a priority.
- Grocery Delivery: Instacart or Shipt have been a game changer for me when I’m in a season I’m in over my head. I have gotten Harris Teeter, Target, and Costco delivered. There is a fee associated with these, but honestly sometimes it’s just worth it.
- Curbside Pickup: Another way to get anything in the world these days, thanks to the C word, is curbside pickup. Most of these are now a free option to get someone else to shop for you and all you have to do is show up. Brilliant.
- Meal Prep Delivery: After I had my 4th, I had Homechef sent to my house for a few months. This took allll the hard parts of thinking through meal plans AND grocery shopping. Brian could even make the meals without me. I have also done Hello Fresh!
- House Cleaner: This is something I think EVERY SINGLE mother needs regardless of what is going on because cleaning with children is stupid. I mean it really is because it takes an hour to do one task. AND the job of mothering takes a lot of time, whether we work or not. Having someone pick up the slack of cleaning is LIFE CHANGING. I will never ever go without my cleaning lady. I want to hug her every time she walks in the door.
- Laundry Service: This is also life changing and something I took advantage of also after I had my 4th. I still do it when I’m drowning in laundry or getting back from a trip. They wash everything
- Consistent Babysitter: This is a no brainer, but definitely has been a hard thing to find since Covid. Finding a trusty babysitter can be hard, but ask your girlfriends! Honestly, one of the best places to find a babysitter is in the church ministry. There are ALWAYS high school girls there volunteering their time to hang out with kids. Those are the ones you want to babysit!
- Meal Delivery: Y’all did you know that SO many restaurants are connected to these. You can order meals to your door ready for you and you don’t even have to cook anything. BRILLIANT. Honestly, if my husband is out of town I am ordering myself dinner and the kids are getting nuggets.
Help a mama out- YOU.
What do you outsource?