This is one of my very favorite meals to cook for a crowd during the fall/winter! It’s so warm and cozy and ALWAYS a crowd pleaser! Y’all- it’s SO GOOD.
- 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 6tbsp butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 cloves of glaric, minced
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cans of great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans of chopped green chilis
- 1 8oz carton heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground corander
- 1 8oz carton of sour cream
- 1 8oz pkg Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken onion, jalapenos, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is done and onion is tender.
- Stir in broth, beans, and chilies, bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes
- Stir in cream, cilantro, cumin, and coriander; simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Gradually stir in sour cream and cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.
I serve with a little more cheese and some tortilla chips! Enjoy!!